Specialist I Teacher Training
Mentors, WSI Teachers, and CTE Directors should visit the buttons on the left.
Blackboard Online Course Access: Blackboard online course link
The WSI teacher's user name will be xt_firstinitiallastname and the password will be the last 4 digits of the Social Security Number. In some instances common last names will have a number after them. Access will be available the first night of the training.
Suicide Prevention Training Information: http://www.doe.in.gov/licensing/suicide-prevention-training
Note that all WSI teachers must be assigned a mentor and this information is required on the registration form, so it is critical that CTE directors assign the mentor prior to registration. (This includes those repeating the training program.) Directors and other administrators are not allowed to serve as mentors. Mentors are required to attend the 2nd live remote site session indicated on the calendar. Mentors must fax (765) 285-2162 an IRS-W9 by September 1 to qualify for payment. Additional Mentor information is accessible via "Mentor Info" button on the left side of this page.
Indiana-ACTE Conference Information for WSI Attendees
Attendance at the two day conference is mandatory for all WSI teachers, but not for mentors. The 2014 CTE Conference will be held Friday, September 19 and Saturday, September 20
All attendees should arrive by no later than 7:30 am on Friday September 19 for conference registration. Go to the registration desk to pick up your registration materials. This will document your attendance at the conference.
The first WSI session starts on Friday at 8:00AM. During this session you will be instructed as to which presentations you must attend. The opening session will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Friday and include brunch. A snack will be provided in the afternoon. Friday sessions will end at 5:00 followed by a wine and cheese hospitality, door prizes and opportunities to meet with exhibitors throughout the day until 6:00 p.m. Sessions will be held on Saturday from 8:00 until 12:00.
WSI teachers who attend the two day conference will automatically receive one free year membership to Indiana-ACTE. Upon completing the conference registration a confirmation email will be sent. A code will be included in the email that can be used to register for the complimentary membership on the IndianaACTE.org/membership website.
All conference registrations must be made online at http://www.indianaACTE.org/conference Hover your cursor over the word “conference” to see additional pages of information. Check out the page “10 Tips for Conference Registration” to help clarify the process. Click any page for specific information. To go to the actual registration process, click on the “Go to the Conference Registration” button at the bottom of the Conference page. Follow these steps to register:
1. Click on “Register Now” on the First Page of the Registration Process (upper right hand corner)
2. Go to the Section “All Other Registrants”
3. From the first drop down menu, select “New & Newer Teachers, WSI”
4. From the second drop down menu, select “WSI”
Early Bird discounts will be available until September 5. From September 6-12 the fees will increase and online registration will close on the 12th. On-site registration is highly discouraged. No admission to the keynote address and meal will be allowed to those that wait to do on-site registrations
Select Conference Options:
1. Combo: New Teacher Summit AND Two Day Conference: WSI instructors are encouraged to attend the New Teacher Summit on September 18, in addition to the two day CTE conference. This all day workshop is sponsored by the Indiana Department of Education and is specifically designed for first year teachers (However, teachers with less than three years of experience may attend.) Valuable resources will be distributed. The workshop will start with a breakfast at 9:00, provide lunch and snacks and end approximately at 5:00 p.m. The fee for the Combo is $100.00 until September 5. From September 6-12 the fee will be $175.00. Additional information and agenda can be found at http://www.indianaacte.org/new-teacher-summit
2. Two Day CTE Conference Only: The fee for a WSI to register for the standard conference is $90.00 until September 5. From September 6-12 the fee is $165.00. Additional information can be found at http://www.indianaacte.org/2014-conference-agenda
Payment Options: Select from the options listed.
· Check: Use the “print” option to print your confirmation. Copy it and send with a check to the address listed on the confirmation page.
· Credit Card: Payments can be made using a credit card. You will be transferred to the PayPal secure website. You DO NOT NEED A PAYPAL ACCOUNT to complete your payment. On the PayPal site you may elect to use/create a personal account OR to select “pay with major credit card”.
· For those who will have their registration fee paid for by their school corporation through a P.O. process:
· Select the invoice option. Be sure to provide the email address of the person to receive the invoice. An invoice will automatically be sent to the information you provide.
· You will be registered for the conference at that point, regardless of whether or not the sending school has paid the fee. However, it is essential to obtain prior approval from your school to ensure payment. If you fail to obtain prior approval and the school refuses to pay your fee, you will be held responsible for the payment.
Substitute Teacher Reimbursement: If your school hires a substitute teacher for you to attend the CTE Conference and/or The New Teacher Summit, your school can be reimbursed for such costs. To obtain the necessary reimbursement request form, you must complete a conference evaluation and submit it to the registration desk at the end of the conference. It is your responsibility to obtain and complete the form. Only requests that are submitted within the deadline will be honored. Some schools will hold the teacher responsible for reimbursement if the form is not completed within the deadline.
WSI repeaters must personally pay a $1,000 fee for the training. This is non-refundable if the teacher withdraws from the training. A money order must made out to Ball State University and mailed by September 1st to:Dr. Edward J. Lazaros Department of Technology Ball State University Muncie, IN 47306
If you must withdraw from the WSI training for any reason, you must click on the Withdrawal button on this page and fill out a withdrawal form.
Alternate BSU contact: